If Jason knew I was starting this, he'd probably role his eyes at me and make some sarcastic comment like, "Really? Really Cari? Facebook isn't enough for you?" He thinks I have an addiction...he's not all that wrong. For me, these online communities allow me to stay connected with my friends and family who live half way across the country. Like with my brother, Eric, because of facebook, I got to meet his puppy Cole through pictures. Seeing as how he's in California and I'm in Washington that wouldn't happen any other way. Yay for technology!
So, what has caused this newfound urge to start my own blog? Well, things are going to change so fast this next year and I want a place to document it all. I'd keep a journal, but typing is much easier on my wrists, not to mention faster.
This year marks my one year anniversary of being self employed. I still feel like I'm just getting going, but I love it. I love the freedom of setting my own schedule. I love that I can honestly say I'm using my college education for something worth while. In case you are new to my life, my background is in music. Most people ask the question, "What are you going to do with a music degree?" I would brush it off and jokingly say, "Be a starving artist." But now I find myself wearing the hat of private instructor, worship leader, choir director, and performer. I'm so blessed. My dream was to live my life with music at the center. Well, I guess my dream has come true. Maybe not in the way I had imagined. When I was a teenager I would see the magazines with the most successful 25 under 25 and think, "Yeah, that's totally going to be me." Ten feet tall and bullet proof! Now I'm 25 and only have a month left for the publishers to come knocking at my door. I'm not holding my breath.
Besides my musical career, I have my business with Arbonne. This company has truly changed my life. It has pushed me beyond what I thought was in my realm of capability and helped me grow up. When I'm doing my business, I don't feel like the kid. On the contrary, I'm respected and seen as a capable passionate woman. So yeah, working from home; it's awesome! I highly recommend it and would love to teach everyone how to do it. My goal for this week? To share Arbonne with 5 new people.
Well apparently blogging agrees with me. We'll see how I keep this up. Good night world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment