Monday, December 15, 2008

White Christmas

"I'm dreaming of a White Christmas!"

Normally, living in Western Washington, I would be dreaming, but it looks like all I'll have to do this year is open my eyes to what's outside. It snowed about 2 inches yesterday and put a nice white blanket on everthing. The beauty only lasted until I had to drive somewhere.

Being a native Minnesotan, snow is nothing new, but snow in the Seattle Metro? It's like taking fish out of water. Small hills all of a sudden feel like Mt. Everest as you try to climb only to make it half way up and slide back down. You notice quite quickly that your northface jacket is more of a fall coat that a winter parka. And you forget that you are a bit out of practice walking on slick ice and nearly fall on your bum because of it. Ah yes, Seattle snow...It has got to be the strangest thing to get used to living out here.

The only time of year where snow is acceptable, is at Christmas. I love to see the decorations frosted white. It just makes everything appear softer and allows the transition into one's holiday spirit to be as easy as sitting by the fire with a cup of cocoa.

Christmas this year is going to rock! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment