So it has happened. Jason and I are expecting a baby. I found out on December 8th, I believe. After having sneaking suspicions for about two weeks prior to that I went and got the infamous pregnancy test. The results for that test were immediate. Two lines! I stood there for a few moments in disbelief and excitement. Then all the anxiety hit about this pregnancy because of losing the last one. I dropped to my knees and said a prayer that God would watch over us both. I prayed that this was a healthy pregnancy and that I wouldn't have to go through the experience of a misscarriage so soon.
Well, God answers prayers because now, I'm 9 weeks along and feeling more and more pregnant every day. I've never been so happy to feel like crap. Morning sickness hasn't reared its ugly head for me, but I have many other less than desireable things going on with my body. My blood sugars are out of control. If I don't eat, bad things happen. It's like Dr Jekel and Mr. Hyde bad. I'm learning quickly that food should be with me at all times. Then, everyone might be spared the moodiness that is pregnant Cari.
That's another one: mood swings. A few days ago, Jason and I were discussing that we would like to get rid of the couch because it just takes up so much space. Well, being Mr. Assertive, the next day, Jason posted the couch on Craigs list for sale. Within an hour he had a responce on the add and four hours after that, the couch was gone. When I found out that the couch was going away, I lost it. I started crying and no matter what Jason did to calm me down I just kept gaining momentum with my tantrum. The best part about this was that I didn't even like the couch! There was no good reason for me to be acting so irrationally, but I was.
Being pregnant is a learning experience. In many ways, I feel like a little kid who needs to be taken care of. Though, because I love my husband, I'm going to make every effort to keep my horomones at bay and be the perfect 'in the kitchen, pregnant and barefoot' wife I can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment