Jason and I went to my first prenatal appointment today. It went well. I went in about a month ago for bloodwork and basically I'm fit as a fiddle. The doctor did a bunch of poking around and confirmed that our baby is about 10 weeks along as of today. That's what I had thought originally, but after having the early ultrasound, the due date might be a bit later. The nurse told me that after next week's ultrasound if the development is more than five days different than what they told me, perhaps they'll change the due date. But really, the due date is just an estimation anyway. My hope is that our little one won't be born on August 4th. Call me selfish, but that's our wedding anniversary, and I'd rather have two different days to celebrate.
Next step from here: ultrasound #2 next Wednesday. I don't think there's any pressing matter to having this one other than for us to have something to gauk at. Even the doctor, when we said the last ultrasound was done at about 4 1/2 weeks was like, "Oh no! You need a better picture than that!" We're not complaining. The dot in the first one was cute, but I'd rather see a little baby. And I think it will help Jason feel a bit more convinced of what's going on with me other than my raging horomones.
So what is my due date? August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment