Today is Sunday. I usually look forward to Sunday morning. By now during the week, I usually need a little spiritual refueling. Today was different. I had to force myself to get out of bed and get ready for church. I was dreading having to face that many people at once after losing the baby. Yes, they're all there to support us, but after such a great weekend, I just didn't want to be sad yet. But, willingly or not, I went. It was awkward and uncomfortable and I cried to myself a little bit, but I made it through. And now I've spent the afternoon sleeping and feeling dizzy from lack of hydration I believe (I know, I know, no lecture necessary). Jason and I plan to have a nice dinner for two. I'm looking forward to that.
We had a great time celebrating my birthday. On my birthday, Jason made me pizza from scratch. It was not bad for his first attempt. I love having a husband who cooks. He really does spoil me. The next day, Friday, Jason took a personal day so that we could celebrate my birthday in style. We drove up into the mountains to a little town called Leavenworth. It's one of our favorite places to go to because, well for one thing, it's absolutely breathtaking, has tons of outdoor adventure activities, and it's decorated to look like you stepped into Bavaria. It's a great escape.
Our adventure in Leavenworth started with snowshoeing along the Icicle river. Jason and I love to go on hikes and explore. It was the first time all week that I was truly happy and completely forgot about the baby. I wish we could have gone longer than we did, but my body isn't quite back to normal and I'm just trying to take it easy for now. The rest of our time there was spent walking through the town window shopping and enjoying each other's company. It was a much needed adventure. For us it was important to have something truly substantial to remember about this birthday other than what happened last week. I think Jason did a bang up job of making that happen. I can't imagine my life without him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment