Tomorrow is the big day; my first prenatal visit with my OB! I feel like I've been holding my breath up until this point waiting for something to go wrong again and burst my bubble. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to be able to start breath normally again.
Because of having a miscarriage earlier this fall, I was given priority at the doctor's office to be seen. I called the office and the next day went in for an ultrasound and blood work. At the time, I thought I was about 6 weeks along at which point I should have seen a tadpole with a pulse, but it turned out I was more like 4 1/2 weeks pregnant so all I saw was a little dot. She zoomed in on it, which did make me feel better, but I was really wanting to see that heartbeat. I had just read in a magazine that as soon as the baby has a heartbeat, the chance of miscarriage drop to something like 2%. That wasn't in the plan for us and all I saw was my dot. The ultrasound tech assured me that I was indeed pregnant and that I shouldn't be worried.
So tomorrow, what I'm most looking forward to is being able to see my baby now that it's going to be 9 weeks along and looking more like a baby with a heartbeat. I must admit, I've become addicted to checking websites on pregnancy almost daily, so I'm pretty familiar with fetal development. After my appointment, I promise to share the newest baby picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'll keep you in my prayers for tomorrow :-) Here's to a happy and healthy 31 more weeks!
ReplyDelete