Saturday, March 14, 2009

March Madness

This month marks a lot of new beginnings for me. First of all I feel like myself again thanks to the treatment I'm on after last months fiasco. Not only do I have more energy, but I actually want to get out there and work. It's also amazing that all of this is happening while the lilies and daffodils are starting to bloom marking that spring is finally here. I've missed the sunshine. It makes me happy.

Other changes are the fact that I am on the job hunt. I haven't lost any job or anything, but I think it's time to get a job that will keep me on a full schedule. Working on a schedule helps me focus and right now, my schedule revolves around eight hours of teaching per week and other commitments scattered here and there. Another reason for the job hunt is that Jason is changing careers soon and is unsure of his future career path. So by me finding a job now, it'll take the pressure off of him when he's able to start his transition. 

I know I can't be too picky, but ideally, I'd love to get a job working for one of the local theater companies. I've missed the theater environment and would love to get back into that scene and since I need benefits, auditioning for shows is not the way to do it. If I can't find a job in that arena, then I'm open to pretty much anything. So if you have any ideas...

Some of you are probably wondering, "Cari, what about babies?" My doctor told me to hold off on pregnancy for at least 9 months in order to let my body completely recover. And I'm emotionally ready for a break from this idea of being a mom. In 9 months, we should be well established in our new working situation and can then discuss the possibility of having another baby. I do want to be a mom someday, but right now, I'm trying to find the bright side of why I'm not hugely pregnant right now. This time I have right now, is like another chance for me to make things happen in my life before children become the primary focus. I still want to perform and make a living on that and I still love Arbonne and am excited to see where that will take me. Why not go for it? It sure beats sitting at home.

Pray for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment