Monday, March 30, 2009
Spring in Seattle
Spring is my absolute favorite time of year. I've never been a fan of the cold so spring naturally lifts my spirits. Yesterday was beautiful in Seattle! Jason and I decided to enjoy it so we packed up our cameras and headed to the Arboretum in Seattle. If you have the chance, I highly recommend it. The gardens there are made up of plants native to this area, which means there are Rhododendrons everywhere along with majestic Douglas Fir trees intermingled with Japanese Maple (one of my personal favorite trees) Right now, the gardens are beginning to show their color. Pink blossoms, yellow daffodils, crimson rhododendron, are everywhere! I'm in heaven. It's good to escape the city for a while and be able to appreciate the beauty of God's creation. Sure, the Arboretum is within earshot of interstate 520 and there were a number of planes that flew overhead so you didn't forget where you were, but it does feel like you're in a secret place. I'm a fan. I took a bunch of pictures and once I upload them to my computer, I'll post a few here to share. Happy Spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment